Monday 31 October 2011

What time do you call this? Where the hell have you been?

I'm genuinely hurt that not one person has posted that, tweeted that, or emailed me that. I've just noticed that its been over TWO MONTHS (and yes, I am shouting that) since I last posted.

Its not that I haven't wanted to, its just that I've been waylaid. That's a great word that isn't it? As soon as you say it, its like "family emergency" - most people, well, the socially adept among us, shy away when someone says that. No-one really asks what you've been doing. So, I'll have to presume you all thought I had been waylaid, and didn't know how to ask. That makes me feel much better...

Given that no-one has asked, I'm going to do the socially inept thing, and answer anyway. I've been too busy really. The Chats are still going. Its been something of a cliche ridden, rollercoaster of a season so far. Languishing back in mid-table (our spiritual home) after being among the early pacesetters, its still hard to know what to think.

Over at www.themedwaybroadside.com there will be, at some point, the option (I imagine) to download the latest issue. There's a decent enough piece on the Chats in that, that should bring you up to date to the middle of October. When I see if its working, I'll post it. Time means that the match reports will be less frequent than they were some years ago when this blog started up. I'd dearly love to do more, but IRL (which I'm told is an acronym for "In Real Life"), its all a bit busy. Sorry. It just is.

Back to the Medway Broadside. Its very much worth a read. I may end up posting match reports over there rather than here. If that's the case, I'll link them from here - all the other nonsense will of course remain part of the blog.

Nice catching up with you all - keep it academia, as Steve McFadden would say, ratchet in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment