Sunday 21 August 2011

Welcome, Dead Novelists.

Chatham won the opening game of the season yesterday, one nil at fancied Maldon and Tiptree. Miles away, didn't go. Home to Harlow on Tuesday night - can't wait.

In the meantime, I've been seeking inspiration for the coming season. I've turned to our old mate Billy Childish and his fantastic poem, Chatham Town Welcomes Desperate Men.

You can see him perform it here.

http://youtu.be/Aztulcg9ipM

I've posted this before, but it requires re-posting.

Welcome Dead Novelists...

Bank managers who can no longer manage...

Its what makes me absurdly proud to come from Medway. Its the same pride I have in our football club. Its not perfect but its ours. And we can't help but love it.

1 comment:

  1. 'Men in blue blazers from Nepal...'I love Billy's work! I have been out of the town for a while now but still miss it in a weird way... Waghorn and his traffic cone!

    ReplyDelete