Tuesday 28 September 2010

Match Report Abandoned.

I said I'd be at the Faversham home game tonight, but I have an unexpected family thing and whilst Kent Derbies looked like they'd be a premium until we were reappointed to the R1S at late notice, they're not as much as a premium as spending time with a grumpy, teething, MMR and meningitis jabbed 14month old, which is what I am instead doing tonight.

At one point, I thought about blogging other things on here, and infact did so with a review of a frankly awful Richard Gere film. I was thinking about taking this too far, and doing a report on my daughter's general temper and justifiable feeling sorry for herself, but this is a Chatham Town FC blog, not the Little Miss Magooo blog. Some people do such things. Not me. I could now start to disappear down a stream of thought about how it would be like inviting strangers into your front room, whilst at the same time taking yourself into their front rooms, which is a media dichotomy not seen since Praia da Luz and which I never want to happen. I've digressed, haven't I? Anyway, here's to a cheery evening of Calprofen and Ashley & Probets teething powders. Did my blog just turn into mumsnet? Right, back to the Chats...

They're at home tonight, and the score will be on the official site before its on here. Official. Other than that, there has today been announced a share scheme of sorts, a two tiered beast with "shares" for club members (players, their family etc) and one for supporters. Supporters pay £50 and it funds the redevelopment of the ground. You get a vote at the AGM and a mention in dispatches. And a discount on hire. I need to give it more thought, but on the face of it, it is good news. I'd like the discount to extend to match entry and bar prices, and a reduction on our ridiculous programme costs (two squids), but as I said, it needs thought.

Prediction for tonight? As I'm not there, we win 4-0. Realistically, we bounce back to old habits after Saturday's victory of Walton and Hersham and lose 1-0 to a late goal despite dominating. Old habits, like my pessimism, die hard...

1 comment:

  1. £50 x the half a dozen "regulars" as club supporters won't buy very many concrete fence panels or go very far in building a new clubhouse IMHO. As for trading LTD, surely this is just a risk mitigation exercise in today's turbulant economic times by the club's owners?

    ReplyDelete