Saturday 28 August 2010

CTFC 2 - 1 CTFC

Chatham Town are out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle. Not that we ever get very far, beaten today at Combined Counties League Chertsey. Chertsey have won their opening four league games with 13 goals scored and just one conceded. Not that much of a giant killing really, more of an oath slaying. Didn't go. No more to add. At least we don't have to face the prospect of Sittingbourne in the next round - not sure how they got on, but one less trip to the Brickies is no big loss.

Onwards and upwards for Ramsgate at home on Monday ,.

Turns out that the game on Monday is off. Ramsgate drew their cup match, and are in replay action this week so its cancelled. Can't help but think that the situation could have been avoided if the Ryman league didn't schedule fixtures for the bank holiday, 48hrs after the first cup games involving step 4 sides. I'd originally posted a bit here about the Medway News ripping off my reports. I've taken it out. I said I'd never go back and edit posts, but this time I have. I can't even be bothered to react to it other than to say, if you want to use my stuff, please ask and at least give this blog a credit.

For those of you who are interested, the report that has taken a fair amount of my Corinthian Casuals match report is here.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/football/Fuller-credited
-did-Chats-benefit-goal/article-2567625-detail/article.html

Similar eh?

Funny thing is, posted a similar response last season, again for the first home game. Don't remember the Medway News featuring Chatham again after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment