Thursday 15 July 2010

Pre-pre season thoughts... not all football.

Been a while - hello to you all.

We're at the time of year where I was about to get all excited about the release of the new season's fixtures, but instead I'm blogging about what I've been up to, things that have occurred to me and some other thoughts and follies. The reason? The Ryman League fixtures have been postponed - well, not the games, but the release of the actual fixture list. Its all due to the late inclusion of Grays Athletic, who, having had the good grace to mess about the whole league by appealing to be let into it, now appear to be going bust.

So instead of telling you all about how excited I am about perhaps going to the Cricklefield International Arena (home of both Ilford and Waltham Forest), I'm going to be pondering why you never hear the phrase "Pioneering Peadophile", the inadequacies of local government, and other things.

But having just mentioned the Cricklefield International Arena, Ilford, would be unfair not to show you it, wouldn't it?



Being an athletics ground, and with both home sides boasting massive attendances into double figures, it just like being at Juve in the 80s.... whatever happens, I'm going there at least once this season, if only to see both keepers have to run 30yards every time the ball goes out of play for a goal kick.

As soon as the fixtures are out, and I've had time to think about them, I'll be posting. I'm gagging to see some football, having missed most of the world cup due to Alpage, and the new team that Paul Foley has brought with him needs some inspection. I know naff all about most of them, apart from the fact that some of them come with big reputations (well, Nick Hegley is very much sought after and we're lucky to have him. Its generally accepted that his work keeps him from playing Conference football, so let's see if he's really that good eh?)

Anyway, I've not really been pondering the phrase about peadophiles. That's just weird. It has a nice ring to it, but that's about it.

I have been pondering the inadequacy of local government, but can't talk about it here in detail. Basically, it turns out that if you're a powerful elected representative of the people, you can abuse the rules, deny it, and then be cleared of any wrongdoing. When it goes to appeal, which this case did, it turns out you get cleared again, but with a list of recommendations that do everything but admit that you did infact break the rules... I may talk further about it on another blog, but I don't want to taint this one with a certain politician's name. This one is about something I really do like. "The Politician" as he is now called, is something I really do not.

Right - enough filler for now. Back with more news when I have it. You've been warned.

1 comment: